From pleasure to performance horses, CEN Oil is used successfully by horse owners all around Australia. Containing 60% Omega 3, CEN Oil provides a high-quality source of plant-based Omega 3 with a similar Omega profile to fresh pasture. CEN Oil is the best oil choice for horses due to the high Omega 3 levels. Most oils contain Omega 6 and 9 but low Omega 3 (coconut oil contains no Omega 3 and is mainly saturated fat). There are many oils available on the market with an unnatural Omega profile, having higher levels of Omega 6 to Omega 3 (which is opposite to what is found in natural fresh pasture.)
- SKIN & COAT - Horses cannot make their own Omega 3 and must source it in their diet. It improves skin/coat health and shine. The anti-inflammatory properties promote less irritation in skin conditions such as QLD itch (Sweat itch)
- ENERGY CEN Oil is a cool source (non-heating) of calories ideal for all horses in work or needing to maintain condition in work.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM Omega 3 contributes to the homeostasis of inflammatory responses (anti-inflammatory) and supports the activity of the immune system which regulates the non-specific inflammatory reactions.
- JOINT HEALTH - The anti-inflammatory properties of Omega 3 help joint health especially seen in arthritic horses where chronic inflammation is evident.
- FOCUS - Containing no sugar or starch, CEN Oil provides does not trigger "hot" behaviour due to the way it is metabolised.
- STOMACH - CEN Oil is highly suitable for ulcer prone horses, due to its nutrient profile and anti-inflammatory properties.
- HOOF INTEGRITY - Omega 3 is important for the hoof wall microtubules and laminae so they are built with suppleness and strength. The slick-looking surfaces is brought from a network of fats and waxes. The function can be described as the "glue" holding the hoof together. They keep the environmental moisture out but the critical tissue moisture in.